Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Small Steps

Go down

Small Steps Empty Small Steps

Post by Dachou Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:45 pm

~"You either die a Hero, or live long enough to watch yourself become the Villian."~

"But Grandmother! I'm 18! I've passed The Academy, I've already studied three different styles of Firebending, plus I have my own ride, and I still have a curfew?! Are you kidding me?!"

"You will do as I tell you! As long as you live under this rooftop, you will be under my control!"

"How many times do we have to go over this, you're not the Fire Lady! We're a middle class family with middle class lives under a high class ruler!" with that note, Dachou stormed out of the kitchen, his arm flinging to grab the satchel that hung from the clothes hanger before him. The small cottage that Dachou had called home for his whole life was jammed in the heart of the Fire Nation, and blended in maginifcently with the rest of the surroundings. Even the Mailman had a hard time noticing the old shack.

Dachou threw the handle over his shoulder, and kicked the door to the outside world open, and stomped out, not even bothering to close it properly. He was infuriated right now. This obviously wasn't the first time his grandmother belittled his opinions and that he had feelings himself. She let him go to a boarding school across the Nation, no grudges, but if he were to stay outside a minute past nine, he wouldn't stop hearing it for a weeks time.

Dachou steamed from his ears, his eyes darting left and right, and walked completely past Manny, who wedged himself in an alley, his big green eyes staring affectionately at Dachou. The Firebender walked past the Gorilla-Goat, and the beast had to let out a very gruff, very loud, breath of air from his nose to be noticed. Once Dachou spun around, grinning wildly, the Gorilla Goat pulled himself out from the Alley, and grunted.

"How ya doing, Manny?"

Dachou scratched the Gorilla Goats jaw, making his hind leg wag, beating the ground profousely, and making dust rise up into the air. It was quite a site.

"Sorry, buddy. Can't see through this eye, remember?"

Dachou pointed to his right eye, the slightly mishappen pupil visible in the setting sun. Dachou grabbed onto Mannys growing horns, and pulled himself up onto his back, laughing like a madman. The Gorilla Goat grunted, before marking the ground with his bare paws, and trampled away, going right through carts and wagons and other things, not stopping to apologize or help clean up.

As Manny ran for a longer amount of time, Dachous smile faded. This was the highlight of his life. Running through the Districts ontop of a Gorilla Goat. Really? That wasn't very exciting to him. He wanted more. He wanted Adventure. He wanted Action. He was a Firebending Master, how hard could it be? I mean, yes, he did teach Novice Firebenders once a week, but that was simple. He wished he could go travel the world, no questions asked, and it was filled with action, and drama, and intense moments, just like a book. And Dachou would be the author of that book.

Dachou
Dachou
Blue Lightening

Back to top Go down

Small Steps Empty Re: Small Steps

Post by Guest Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:29 am

"Yeah, having the honor of being next to my God Father...the fire lord has it perks. But I feel like...he's more of a father to me than my own."

Her soft small hands rested on the rope of the harness that was on her eel hound. His name was Kano and his attitude was a bit like hers..except he was very calm, unless he felt a bit jealous about anyone else spending time with Xira. Xira gazed around as the slipped in between houses and rushed past people who were walking. Most had bowed knowing exactly who she was but Xira stared back at them bowing back but not smiling..just keeping that same calm expression.

"Hmm, how about today we go to the school for fire benders? I promise you this time the kids won't pull on your tail."

Kano looked up at Xira before she patted his head and he quickly turned around heading to the school. Within a matter of five minutes they had made a fifteen minute trip by foot cut short. Kano was good at moving people out the way, he looked deadly and was very agile so things went easy whenever she rode him.

Xira waited until he laid on the ground before mounting off of him and rubbing under his chin, "You are such a wonderful companion. You don't make me into something I'm not at all." She kissed the top of his head before entering the school.

"Oh!! Xira! Your greatness! I would have called for an assembly if I knew you were coming!!"

The principal looked upon the calm face of Xira a bit intimidated despite how young she was. The Lord has taken her in like she was one of his children though he had none. So she must have meant something special to him.

"They are outside playing and relaxing today..since they just finished their exams."

"Who has been teaching them?" Xira just flat out asked while walking towards the school yard doors with her hands behind her back. Her honey colored eyes stared into the man's dull brown ones...he was intimidated by her that much was clear and her question made him start to look away.

"Various teachers here your greatness..we do have volunteers come in once or twice a week. How was your eighteenth birthday? We had seen you the night of the celebration but we were unable to get to talk to you."

Xira's mind seem to drift off to what the man was talking about as her head turn to look back ahead of her. That night was fun, the Lord had thrown her a huge party the entire Nation celebrated and he even left the palace to mingle with the common people with her. It had been the only night she was happy. Xira had talked to countless people that much was for certain being in such a good mood she danced with the fire dancers.

"It was lovely thank you." Xira stated as the man pushed the doors open for her. It did not take long for the kids to come rush towards her.

"Xira! You came back!" One little girl said before Xira hugged her,

"I know, but I made a promise didn't I?" Xira smiled a bit at them before they all looked around and behind her,

"Where is Kano?"

Xira stood before walking towards the middle of the yard grinning, "He..wanted to stay in the front today. Why won't you guys show me what you have been learning here. I am curious to see our future has to offer."

Notes:

• Xira thinks for a short moment about her connection with her God Father
  • After a moment of riding Kano she decides to head to the school for firebenders to check on them
  • Arriving the Principal has told her where the kids are and has asked about her recent birthday
  • Xira is now in the yard with the kids asking them to show her what they are learning

Back to top Go down

Post by Dachou Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:08 pm

"Whoa, buddy. Slow down here."

Dachou patted Manny on the top of his head, and the Gorilla Goat began to slow down for the trip. His grunts and pants were more audible, now that his grinding of the earth wasn't as loud and ear-busting as before. As Manny began to reach the edge of the town, less and less people were seen. It was like no one wanted to be on the outside of the commotion. They wanted to be in the heart of the city, and in the middle of all the action.

Such simple minds.

Dachou began leaning towards his right, until he was able to pull his left leg over so he was sitting sideways, his hands grasping tightly onto Mannys furry exterior. Finally, he let go, landing on the soles of his feet and rolling to a stop, as Manny halted his hind legs, skid marks clear into the dirt, while his front legs continued to move. It was an odd sight, as if Manny was paralyzed from the waist down. Dachou cracked a smile before he began to trot to the edge of the district, where all the broken down, matted up houses were.

Dachou grabbed at a boarded up door, and pulled at the edges, the nails flying off as the board gave way to his strength. Dachou stumbled backwards, but caught himself before he tripped. The firebender began his walk to the edge, his eye scouting the area, just making sure he was safe and alone. His right eye was a huge hassle on him. He could bear with it, it was just a pain in the ass.

As he got to the outskirts, Dachou swung the plank at Manny, his giant arm grabbing it and pulling on it furiously. The Gorilla Goat hauled it into the air, with Dachou still grabbing firmly onto it, and he pulled it up so they made eye contact. Dachou smirked in his regular smart-ass way and said,

"Cheers, you Big Teddy Bear."

and dropped down, landing on his feet. Manny lurched the board behind his back, and propelled it into the air, it easily flying over 50 feet into the air. As it began its descent, Dachou raised his arm, stiff as a tree branch, and pointed his fingers at it. Then, curling his hand so it was in the shape of a hand gun, he shot a blue-flamed bullet from his finger tips, and it crashed into the board, eating at it.

The Board crashed into the ground, smoking. It was a shame the fire didn't stay lit up. Dachou cursed loudly, before tossing another fireball onto the board, and it lit up immediatly. The day was beginning to darken, and Manny and Dachou huddled by the fire, Dachous playful curses at him probably heard around the outskirts of the district. He loved this time of the week. Every week, once a week, he would go through this, and just stay with Manny under the stars, bonding.
Dachou
Dachou
Blue Lightening

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:48 pm

"Wow, you have really been practicing..good job."

The little smokey eyed girl beamed at the praise from Xira before Xira played with them a little longer until it was time for them all to go home. She did not leave until every single child had gone home, it was a certain pet peeve she had acquired from the Fire Lord. Waiting until everyone left before leaving himself. As she waited Xira's ember eyes seem to drift off into dream land as the sky seemed to be swallowed by the ever growing darkness.

Her eyes blinked about twice before feeling herself being lifted off the ground by a green whip like tail. Realizing it was no one else but Kano a small smirk graced her face as he planted her ever so carefully onto the saddle. Placing her palm on the top of his sleek head Xira rubbed him happily before making a clicking noise with her mouth signaling him to start moving.

"Want to do something different tonight? How about we go see our old home..where we use to live? You know, before you grew into a large chomper."

Kano looked back at her before snapping his tail to make her jump a bit. Seeing her reaction was what he was looking for he started jogging proudly before heading away from the heart of the nation. It did not take long for Kano to reach a decent steady speed. Xira this time though wanted to have a bit of fun, she pulled on the harness a bit before Kano took off at top speed, passing by everyone as a green flash. As soon as the made it to the broken down old houses were Kano bucked a bit tossing Xira into the air. Laughing a bit Xira flipped in the air grabbing a pole that use to have a sign attached to it and spun about twice propelling herself with green flames coming from her feet. Though it was only as hot as a blue flame it didn't bother her that she made different color flames. Xira thought it was neat.

Kano stopped at the end of the trail before watching Xira carefully, as soon as her hands let go of the pole Xira flipped about four times in the air before landing back on his back giggling. "We get better every time don't we? Come on we are close."

"On second thought, why won't you go and walk around. You know take some time to yourself. I'll be fine."

Xira stated when arriving at the old house her family had lived in before moving into the noble district. As Kano left the young girl started pulling and tugging on the board that was blocking the door. Getting frustrated at how it was stuck she blasted it with fire and stood there watching the flames as they seem to glow in the dark of the night. Watching the remaining ashes fall to the ground Xira stepped over the use to be board and pushed the door open, but when she pushed on it it came crashing down making a loud thud on the floor.

"Whoops.."

Stepping in the house she saw it had definitely gathered dust, rats, bugs, and even found a few things her mother left behind.

------

Meanwhile, Kano began walking slowly until he caught wiff of another animal. He sped up a bit before slithering his way between houses and alleyways before finding a man and a Gorilla Goat. He licked his lips before making a slight hissing sound and snaking his way to another position to try and spook the animal away from its human. Kano was doing this more so to cause trouble than actually eat someone, Xira was off doing her thing so to him it meant he could cause trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dachou Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:13 pm

Manny eyes shot open, the hiss echoing throughout the area, silent to untrained ears. The great beast was curled up in a ball around Dachou, who didn't hear a single thing. Dachou stroked Mannyes head softly, as the Goat Gorilla began to shift, trying to wake himself up before running away.

"What's the matter, big guy? Nightmares getting to ya?"

Dachou laughed, resting his hand on Mannys side. But the Goats eyes were crazy, they weren't seeing straight. They looked right past Dachou, as he ignored Dachous questions. This was beginning to worry Dachou. In rare instances was Mannys cool broken. Manny pulled himself up on all fours, and he began to grunt and growl in fear and anxiety. What the hell was going on?

"Manny! Manny, calm down buddy, calm down!"

The Firebender looked around the field, his eye trying to place a set object onto Mannys fear. But his damned eye was basically useless in the dark. And there was no way he was venturing from away from the fire. That meant he wouldn't be able to see clearly. He might not even see at all. And that might stay permanently. There was no way he was leaving. He had to calm Manny down somehow.

The Gorilla Goat bellowed loudly, his plea carrying out throughout the village. This wasn't good. He began shifting away from the light, something which Dachou cursed loudly about. Mannys dark red fur blended in nicely with the night, which would make it incredibely hard to see him. The only thing he would be able to see clearly would be Mannys big green eyes, and even then....

Sighing, Dachou pulled his sleeve up to his elbow, and lifted his palm, a spark popping out, then an orange fire emerged from it. He followed Manny hesitantly.
Dachou
Dachou
Blue Lightening

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:14 pm

It was dark and quiet, peaceful in a way. Her hand held onto the small necklace that she had found that Xira had lost when they were moving. Come to think about it it had been years and she still found herself looking for it. Smiling widely the ember eyed girl slipped the necklace into her pocket and was about to head upstairs when her mind swore it had picked up on a bellowing noise some where in the abandoned village.

"I must be hearing things.."

However, when she heard it again after going upstairs into her old room Xira's eyes widened knowing exactly who was probably the reason for the loud weird noises coming from around here.

"Damnit...Kano for one night just one can you not torment anything?!"

Xira hurried over to the window and looked at the surroundings. It sounded like the noise was headed from the east of her position. Kano had to be around there or whatever was making that noise. She climbed the window seal and made a jump for the roof next to her window.

Perfectly executing the jump right Xira landed softly onto the roof listening closely in the pitch black night. The stars around here were the only ones giving her light. That was until she started back flipping and twisting her body elegantly with each jump from roof to roof. She mixed firebending into her jumps just to light up the area around her seeing if Kano was nearby.

"Kano?! KANO?!"

Xira yelled getting a little worried about what was happening since it got quiet all the sudden.

"Shit..."

-----

Kano's bright yellow eyes looked at his work and nodded approvingly to himself. Now that it was on the move from being scared it was easier to spook it. He started trailing Dachou and Manny making his snarls louder. Each time Dachou turned to look behind him Kano would hide into the alleyways...that was until they came into the middle of a four way junction, he hissed loudly quickly slithering behind Dachou and whipping his tail against an old sign breaking it.

A bit more bold with it he moved from his hiding place and used his tail to tickle Manny's underside from the alleyway. If the area was lit up Dachou could have easily seen Kano's long tail and his playful mannerisms towards Manny.

Xira's Choker Necklace:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dachou Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:59 pm

"Ah!"

Dachou spun around, the fire in his hand momentarily bursting into a column of blue flames, shooting into the heavens. He heard a snarl. He definitely heard it. His eyes were wide, one looking around in the darkness, just begging for a sign that wasn't insanity. He just begged for it. And Manny gave him that sign. The hulking beast bellowed once more, pulling his arms behind his head, before crashing them back into the ground, dust bursting from the ground beneath him. His large green eyes were large and filled with fear.

"Manny! Buddy-Boy, calm down! Everything alright! Everything alright!"

Dachou grabbed Mannys ear, holding it firmly in his hand, and swung his arm over so he had one ear in each fist. The two creatures made eye contact, Dachous eyes solid, firm, yet loving, and compassionate, while Mannys were desperate and wild, ready to lose control over everything. They stared at each other, and Mannys eyes finally calmed down, and the Gorilla Goat huffed, his pupils dilating back to normal.

Then of course, the sign broke. That was it. Manny swung his arm around, hitting Dachou square in the stomach, and throwing him off, the fire vanishing, and the block vanishing into total darkness.

"No, no no! No!"

Dachou screamed, after he landed on his back. He threw himself up back onto his feet, unfazed, and threw a fireball at the ground, and for a second, it illuminated the streets, just enough for him to see the tail tickle Mannys belly, who apparently wasn't very keen to that. The Goat Gorilla stomped his hoof on the Eel Hounds tail, not budging, as his powerful legs held it in place. Manny growled now, the fearful thing now tangible and not as frightning. Still, though, it was pitch black, and Dachou erected another fireball in his palm, this one slightly larger.
Dachou
Dachou
Blue Lightening

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:00 am

Xira looked out into the distance of the old abandoned section of housing. Everything seemed to get quiet all the sudden. That was until a part of the old housing lit up with an intense blue white glow. That was where the chaos was happening, something in her just knew it.

Her mind could only hope that she wasn't too late though, Kano was an intimidating creature, very wild if pushed to the edge.

-----

Kano seem to snicker while tickling the underside of the gorilla goat...but that all changed feeling the hoof stomp onto his tail. The bright yellow eyes widened feeling the nerves in his tail shoot signals to his brain that it was a cringing pain. The eel hound let out a screeching howl before his instincts kicked in.

His wide mouth gaped open quickly turning towards the leg that had him pinned and went for the bone crushing bite. Catching sight of the Gorilla goat about to retaliate to the bite and smash his head clear flat Kano quickly moved it and instead started writhing and swiping his sharp claws at the beast who was holding him captive at the moment.

Kano continued to hiss and howl a piercing pain filled scream. Until he saw a fire ball of pure pure green flames shoot from his top right side. It lit up the area briefly enough for Xira too see what was happening. Her gaze looked directly at the gorilla goat then down at his hoof before sending another green ball of fire towards it.

Once the damn thing moved his hoof Kano took the opportunity to recoil his tail and lick it whining. The girl in her late teens lit all four lamps that stood at each corner of the intersection giving the scene a considerable amount of light.

"Shh shh, come here Kano. Its okay."

Xira picked up two thick blocks of wood waiting for him to slip out the alleyway. Kano lowered his head and did shamefully as the 6 foot tall eel hound presented itself in the light. He whipped his tail around for her to take a look at it. Xira shook her head,

"Lay down."

Kano laid down obedient none of his mischievous mannerism showing like just a few seconds ago as his human reached in the pouch on his saddle and took out a bandage wrap. Within a few minutes Xira had his wound wrapped up. He wasn't full grown, only standing 6 feet and had a length of about 15 to 20 feet long..so he still had to learn which animals were not on the list of ones to mess with.

Finally finishing taking care of her companion first she turned to look at Dachou face as straight as ever. This guy wasn't even suppose to be here, but neither was she. So it wasn't like Xira could open her mouth about it.

"If he caused you any trouble I am sorry. How is the big guy feeling?"

For now she exuded her tough side smirking a bit while looking at Manny. He seemed so loveable and plushy, her guilt about Kano messing with him and his pet weighed upon her heavily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dachou Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:21 pm

"Damn right you lay down.."

Dachou glared at the Eel Hound, his eyes narrowing at the scaley beast. Dachou never understood the reason why people would have those things as pets. They're gross, uncomfortable to sit on, scaly, and not very attractive. Not a good combination. Dachou turned his head to look at Manny, who was now passed out on his back, murmuring some grunts and moans, but overall fine. He snorted loudly before laying still, apparently asleep now.

"Apparently he's already over it. The big lug..."

Dachou blinked, and scratched his one decent eye, the other just staring into the emptiness of the black void it was able to peer into. It was a dull greyish color, and showed no sign of life inside it. Dachous other eye, though, was a deep golden color. It was a soft, metallic gold in which you could see your soul reflected back at you in the very light that emanated from it.

Dachous eye quickly scanned the girl in front of him in the light of the fire in his palm. She looked about his age, not much older or younger. He wasn't to interested in the legistics or anything. He was never really one to be interested in the opposite gender. He would much rather sit with a book and some juice, rather than mingle with single.
Dachou
Dachou
Blue Lightening

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:16 pm

Xira gave him a cold look before patting Kano's head. Who was this guy to even talk to her pet like that? It was a bit rude but the girl held back her comment before raising her left eyebrow looking at this guy. Apparently he was around her age, a little older it seemed. But his blind eye caught her attention. This insolent looking gorilla goat that was his could not possibly be his guide around town..he could still see out of one eye. But to save an ignorant question she simply shook her head.

"Well, if he is fine then I guess I'll be fine with it too."

Staring at him her body performed a formal greeting, it had been years and Xira never mingled with kids her age. Always being around adults had its toll on her, most of her was socially awkward unless talking with someone older. The vibe that was coming from him though told her that maybe he was the same way...in a different sort of way though.

"Where are my manners, I am Xira. One of the generals of our army. Or the Fire Lords god daughter. You are?"

Kano looked over at Dachou taking a mental note at him narrowing his eyes at him. He bit the bullet when it came to moving his tail and the pain and snapped his tail in a whip like fashion at Dachou sending him a small warning.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dachou Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:36 am

Dachou raised his eyebrow at Kanos displeasure. Simple minded animal. How foolish of this mortal to think it could make The All-Powerful Dachou flinch with its tail. Dachou lifted up one of his fingers, and pointed it right in front of Kano. It tok a moment of concentration, and a few breaths, before static was felt in the air. It smelled faintly metallic, and an odd tingling arose on the backs of their necks. Then, a bolt of lightning burst through Dachous fingertip, shocking the earth right in front of the animal, leaving a scorch mark, but not touching Kano in the slightest.

"They call me Dachou. Middle-Class worker of the Fire Lord. Teacher of kids, unfortunately."

Dachou arched his back backwards, and cracks echoed as he relieved himself of his back pains. The Firebender breathed a sigh of relief, his eyes closed in pleasure of the feeling that was just bestowed upon him. He pulled himself back up, looking around him lazily, and nodded at Xira.

"So what kind of special jobs do you have, Xira? Aren't you not supposed to be in this part of town?"
Dachou
Dachou
Blue Lightening

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:55 am

"It all actually depends, sometimes he sends me to do some of his meetings with the other nations. Well..he's been doing that a lot lately seems like it."

Shrugging her sun colored eyes looked at Dachou smirking a bit at his antics with Kano,

"Kano is doing it to get a rise out of you. You are a teacher...?"

Xira trailed off a bit remembering the kids at the school she had visited not too long ago. The piece of the puzzle was finally being put together. So he could have been the man behind the kids promising ways in the army for years to come. A spar sounded fun about now, since there was nothing else to do around here at the moment. Maybe even inside the palace walls...surely he wouldn't mind.

However, her eyes battered twice hearing his question,

"Where do you get off asking me that?" Replied Xira as her facial expression went straight again. "To satisfy you with an answer, I use to live around here. I came to look for my necklace..then a book..but it doesn't seem to be here either. Then again, I should be asking you this, you know you aren't allowed around here."

Before she let him speak Xira let her inner craving call out and push the next sentence out without hesitation, "If you don't mind, we can spar a little in the palace arena. There isn't anything else to do tonight."

Back to top Go down

Post by Dachou Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 pm

"I am only following my dear pet Goat Gorillas fears. He was led hear due to a premonition that he was being watched. Obviously, he was correct."

Dachou raised his eyebrow at the females challenge to a spar. Who the hell was she? He didn't even know her, and here she was, challenging his strength and skills in Firebending. His soft, golden eyes hardened, and he looked at Xira a bit disapprovingly.

"Uh, I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to go with a No. That's kind of like going to a little child and telling him you have a candy cane in your pocket. You may have good intentions, but the placement and time of the question is all wrong. Maybe some other time, friend."

Dachou nodded once he finished his statement. He meant all of it. Why would he take the time out of his night to waste it fighting for absolutely no reason? And besides, it was a girl. Dachou didn't like fighting girls in general, and this thing wasn't any exception to his morals. So, he decided to just leave it at that, and waited for a reply as Mannys gargantuan snores echoed throughout the block.
Dachou
Dachou
Blue Lightening

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:26 pm

Xira had a slight smirk on her face when he had said no and his little example to go with it. The man did have a point, but then again hers would prove to be valid as well. Standing up straight her head turned to look at Kano who was still nurturing his tail as if it was a child.

"Well, as your General in command of the Fire Nation army I am going to have to ask you to leave, since this place is forbidden to citizens."

The tone of her voice was more of a notice than a command. This man was just another one that happened to be lurking in the wrong place. Usually by now Xira would have gave him a reason to leave and fear coming back here but tonight she was in a more relaxed mood than normal. Waiting for him to get a move on the teenager climbed onto Kano holding the leather tether as he sat up and made a complete 180 degree turn. His eyes stared down at Dachou as if he was nothing but a trouble maker. Xira'a honey colored eyes looked at him with a hint of impatience.

"Lets get going...I don't have all night." She said with a calm tone this go around her face emotionless as ever. Nothing had been going right today and apparently tonight was going to be the same damn way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dachou Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:47 pm

"Alright, alright. Calm yourself, youn'un."

Dachou snapped at Xira, slight attitude ringing in his voice, but he wore a smirk on his face. He trotted over to Manny, the great brute still sound asleep. The Firebender looked at the innocent Gorilla Goat for a moment, and his mind flashed, for a split second, to where he had first found the beast.

It had been a few years ago, when Dachou was first studying his classes and was still in school. He was a rebel at the time. Annoying, reckless, egotistical, impatient. Not much had changed since then. But he had a soft spot for animals. The brat known as Dachou found Manny hidden behind his cottage, scavenging for food. The animal was no older than an infant, but was already up to 3 feet tall when on all fours.

It was a rough start at first, Manny wanting to gouge Dachous insides out, but Dachou showed Manny who was in charge. From then on, Dachou slowly built their relationship, by reading multiple books on caring for animals. Soon, he discarded the books and went by heart. They've been close ever since.

As Dachou was put back into reality as another snore emitted from Manny, he sighed longingly, and jabbed the brute in the stomach. His breathing stopped for a second, as Manny sucked in his breath. The Gorilla Goat seemed to know it was him. He snorted loudly, as his eyes fluttered open, and he rolled over, ready to play fetch or somehting of the sorts.

"Not right now, big guy. Tonight, we're caught by the higher ups."

Dachou announced to Manny, who's face drooped to the words that the man had dared uttered. He groaned sadly, and began shuffling slowly around, his huge fists dragging along the ground.
Dachou
Dachou
Blue Lightening

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:28 am

"I suggest you watch that bark you have, It certainly cannot match your bite."

Xira looked down at him from Kano as he paced himself slowly to match Dachou's movements. Once this man was beside his pet Kano stopped knowing that Xira wanted to escort him out. This was a normal protocol for his master and by now he knew the routine very well.

Her golden eyes watched him with his pet, there was obvious love there that much she could see. It manage to get a small smile out of her as her mind drifted to when Kano and her first met. That day was full of chaos as well as happiness. Stopping her mind from going into specifics of that day the teenager sighed quietly knowing it was going to be along night.

These past years were so peaceful..hell her entire life was. The events that were about to unfold most certainly would disrupt this peaceful era. Right now the girl felt like she was living half alive, another part of her yearned for the truth for what she was raised to believe. The smile that was on her soft face sudden went downward as her eyes half shut with memories that were eating away at her soul.

Xira looked at Dachou before making a clicking noise to let Kano know it was time to go. She was sure this asshole would be on his way unless he wanted her to remove him by force. "I know your face, and that lovely ape of yours. I will come back to check if you left." Her eyes gave him a slight calm expression before looking ahead making the noise again for Kano.

Kano started walking at a normal pace he had enough of running for a little while tonight.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dachou Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:24 pm

"If you must, Madame."

Dachou reported to her, a grin spreading on his face. He enjoyed sarcasm quite a bit, actually. He felt that it suited him greatly. Now, though, his fun was over, and it was time to leave the area. Manny grumbled quietly, but Dachou ignored the Goat Gorillas whining, and jumped onto his shoulders, his face a bit distant. Manny shook himself roughly, making Dachou basically fall off the animals back, if it weren't for the small horns protruding from its head.

"God dammit, Manny."

Dachou cursed at the animal. And, amazingly, Manny pretended he didn't hear that, and began walking, keeping pace behind Kano, and Dachou sat there, uneven as he was just barely holding onto the horns. Dachou groaned quietly, and he looked ahead at Xira and Kano, his eye wandering.
Dachou
Dachou
Blue Lightening

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:38 pm

Her head turned back to see what was going on behind her, the scene amusing to say the least but Xira did not show it on her face. Pulling the leather wrapped around Kano made him stop completely. Apparently this fool behind him had to get himself situated on that ape.

"I..have to make sure you are out of here. Your safety is all. I would hate to see that poor thing get hurt."

The honey colored eyes motioned over to the innocent looking goat gorilla. When it came to animals Xira definitely had a soft spot and it was that way around children as well. Though one could probably have a tough time telling just by looking at her.

After getting himself situated it did not take long to see the exit of the old abandoned houses. Kano moved over to the left side standing there as Xira looked at Dachou and his pet. Her eyes watched them carefully before waiting for them to leave before her, that way if they decided to be cunning or tricky it would be easier to catch them.

"One side note for you.." A smirk graced her face before it turned into a wider grin, "Do not call me madame, makes me feel old."

Back to top Go down

Post by Dachou Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:07 am

"Aw, our safety is your concern? How sweet. I shall remember that, stranger."

Dachou commented to her, tightening his fists around Mannys horns as he attempted to pull himself up. He flexed his muscles roughly, and finally set himself at a right position. He raised his eyebrow at Xira, Manny stomped ahead of Kano, snuffing quite loudly when passing him, just to make a point. Manny looked at Kano from the corner of his eyes, and they connected eye contact for a second.

Manny registered the fact that he 'wasn't scared' when Kano was messing around, and he was just amusing the Eel Hound. He grunted roughly, his eyes reverting back forward, and he continued onwards on his life.

Dachou saluted to Xira, and he grinned kindly.

"Nice meeting you, Miss. You should keep smiling. You look better that way. The world needs a few smiles."

Dachou winked with his lazy eye, before Many began to continue on.
Dachou
Dachou
Blue Lightening

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Kano lifted his head in confusion at Manny's behavior. This smug goat gorilla believed he wasn't scared of Kano. He snapped his jaws to make a loud snapping noise at Manny before Xira eyed him, as he looked up at her he quickly looked down knowing that look all too well.

Her attention however, was turned back towards the man that had finally pulled himself up on his pet. His tone was more than sarcastic, a part of her wanted to even smack him off his pet for the remark. But then again she thought maybe this one time she would let anyone...even him slide with that remark.

"For the last time my name is Xira."

Dachou's words after that though perplexed her to no end. Was he just being playful about her smile or being an smartass again? Dachou's kindly grin did not prove as much evidence of a smartass remark but more so genuine. Xira had no clue how to take his sentence it was the first time someone from outside her family noted how nice a smile looked on her. Pushing the thought in the back of her mind Kano followed Manny out the exit before splitting off towards the giant fountain in the middle of the town.

"You be careful Dachou. Just make sure I don't catch you where you aren't suppose to be. It might get ugly."

Back to top Go down

Post by Dachou Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:50 pm

Manny jumped, his heart beating rapidly as his eyes grew wide with fear when Kano snapped his jaws. Manny quickened his pace slightly, still attempting to keep his cool when nervous as hell. Manny grunted a loud whine of complaint, and Dachou patted him on the head to help calm him down.

"Damn, your pet is a wild one. Once we get back Manny is probably going to piss himself clean."

Dachou turned back forward, his eye staring out ahead into the darkness overlapping itself. It was now maybe midnight, and Dachous Grandmother would be furious. If she actually knew what was going on. He had a strained relationship with his Grandmother. Basically the only reason him and his sister lived with her was because if she was left alone, she'd probably end up blowing up the whole village, yet she remain perfectly unharmed.

Dachou felt a slight wind chill the area around them, and his night black hair waved slightly along with the breeze, along with his Fire Nation uniform. He wasn't a real big fan of cool weather. If anything, Dachou would prefer the extremes instead of right in the middle. He didn't like neither, or both. He wanted one or the other.
Dachou
Dachou
Blue Lightening

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:26 pm

"and your pet is a very animated one. Poor thing, Kano doesn't mean to be so wild."

For one last antic Kano slapped the wooden cast on his tail against a metal lamp post making a loud clang. Seeing Manny's reaction he snorted air out his nose before jogging off.

Xira turned to backwards on Kano to face Dachou as he went the other way.

"Bye."

((should we wrap this topic up good sir?? lol))

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum