Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soaring past The Lakes

2 posters

Go down

Soaring past The Lakes  Empty Soaring past The Lakes

Post by Naraca Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:30 am

It was quiet this time, rather nice though. There weren't any distractions or any problems right now. It was just relaxing and calm.
The day had become night, and most of the crew were to sleep for the night. The ship however was still being driven by it's helmsmen. Although Naraca knew that they both wanted to get to the Fire Nation quickly, that land was a ways away, and was going to at least be a night no matter what.
The lakes that the ship slowly flew over were large and vast black water that was illuminated by a bright full moon light. Each lake was surrounded land that acted as borders for the other lakes. As they flew over all this, Naraca had finished taking off is very formal Earth King robes and was wearing a pair of black shorts with a loose fitting auburn colored T-shirt that had three buttons on the collar, one being undone. He was in his bare feet which felt much more comfortable as well. It was in this simple clothing that his muscles, scars and size were much more clear.

Being in his room he still felt odd to even have a room with a bed. Even after these two years of being king he seemed to always be used to having to sleep on a hammock or some bedding he had to make from whatever land in the wild he was staying in. He even had a little trouble sleeping in a normal bed sometimes, but he tried to get used to it. He still kept his love for the beds he could make for nature, but still wanted to try and get in the habit of sleeping in a bed.
Before he would go to bed he wanted to go check on Kiara.

Before night had fell he had shown her to a room of a rather large size for Coto to fit in as well. He stepped out of his room and walked down the hall before knocking on her door to see if she was there.
"Hey Kiara?" He would ask as he knocked on the door three times with his knuckle.
Naraca
Naraca
Earth King

https://avatarnewbeginnings.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Soaring past The Lakes  Empty Re: Soaring past The Lakes

Post by Kiara Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:02 pm

"Well, looks like I'm going to have to step into this title..I wish we could have came here on more," Kiara was looking for a word that suited it best, " happier and peaceful circumstance."

Even though the Avatar was still feeling more than enough grief,. the closure that she had experienced seem to swallow the grief and pull it out of her mind and heart. Of course she'd have her down moments but right now she had to be brave and push forward just like Otaka was doing.

Her thoughts had been interrupted by the sound of knocking. However, she was down the hall walking towards her room. Not actually in it. Coto stood beside her as they entered the hall, Kiara cleared her throat to get his attention.

"I was just walking around. I actually want to go outside."

Kiara turned back around to walk back towards the entrance to the deck outside. Coto stayed put staring at Naraca as if he had no choice but to follow them. As he heard the door open his large ears perked up before going to catch Kiara.

A peaceful smile graced her face as she held onto the railing. Coto laid next to the door to get some rest but when Naraca came outside to join them his head rose a bit to watch him. It was when Kiara started to talk that Coto began to relax a bit.

As her eyes gazed up at the moon words that Tikaani spoke earlier that day seemed to run off her tongue as if she knew it her entire life.

"Ask not the sun why she sets , Why she shrouds her light away, Or why she hides her glowing gaze, When night turns crimson gold to grey. For silent falls the guilty sun,
As day to dark does turn, One simple truth she dare not speak. Her light can only blind and burn. No mercy for the guilty, Bring down their lying sun, Blood so silver black by night, Upon their faces pale white....Cruel moon, bring the end..The dawn will never rise again."

After seeing Naraca stand there Kiara frowned knowing he heard her words. "Naraca, I do not know what those words are. But I feel...like I do. Another thing, I am very sorry about you seeing my in that state of mind....you know the avatar state..."
Kiara
Kiara
White Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Naraca Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:24 am

Naraca turned his head to her when Kiara had cleared her throat for him to notice. He stepped back from the door. Coto who was right beside her who had his eye's on him as he always did.
"Yeah sure" He replied to Kiara when she said she wanted to go out.
He followed her down the hall with Coto.
This was nice, this quiet, a ship like this was always so loud with everyone running around talking and yelling or the engines blaring there own songs like a 6th grade band class on there first day. Granted he could still hear some engines and the steam that faintly rang as it traveled through the creaking pipes. Still though, he was able to take it as a white noise.

The door to the deck had opened and Kiara walked through first and leaned against the railing. Coto had taken a seat beside the door a relaxed once he did. Naraca walked through it and noticed the motion of Coto raising his head from the corner of his eye. Naraca lifted his hand up to lightly trailed his palm along the wolfs head as he would walk across.
He took his place beside Kiara who was reciting some sort of poem.
It seemed dark, an ending that indicated to a loss of some kind. The big man never had a good ear for poetry though.
He placed both his hands against the railing and put his weight on it and let his head hang down for a moment before he looked up at the sky. It was night, but far from dark. The moon seemed almost right in front of them, and the stars covered the entire sky with only a few clouds in sight. It gave a nice light for Kiara and Naraca, it wasn't a bright light at all, but more like if someone had dimmed the lights.

Her apology for the Avatar State sparked memories of him standing on the ice and yelling at Kiara for her to snap out of her state. He remembered feeling so conflicted and unsure of what to do. He had only heard of the power it contained, and when he saw the lake rising he feared for the safety of everyone in the Tribe. Even so though, he didn't want to hurt Kiara. From how powerful he had heard the Avatar State to be, the only way he would have ever seen himself win would be if he had badly injured her, and standing here with her now he just couldn't bare to even think of himself doing such a thing.

"Nah, don't worry about it" He told her as he shook his head slightly.
"I did the same thing when I lost my parents..." He said a little more quietly, looking away from her and towards the sky.
He paused for a moment though, he remembered for a moment his scream as he watched his mother die right in front of him. Being just...A second away from saving her.
He remembered the blood on his hands after he had killed the Fire Lord when he killed Naraca's mom.
"At least you didn't end up hurting anyone" He said with a small chuckle followed by looking back at Kiara.
"Besides I'm the one that should be sorry...When I saw what you became the first thing I did was prepare for battle. I barely tried to take the calmer approach" He told her as he referenced how he did try to tell her snap out it.
Naraca
Naraca
Earth King

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiara Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:14 am

"I could tell your mind was on your family...when we were saying goodbye to ours." Kiara let the wind caress her face and then dance through her hair as it flowed gently with the wind. Her head looked up at him as she too leaned against the bars. A small smile could be seen while she looked at him. He needed to actually talk about his past instead of lock it away.

"No offense, I am saying this in the sweetest way. Just by the way you trailed off you haven't grieved. You need to do that, before it gets the better of you."

Her gaze grew a little soft as she looked at Coto, "I may not have hurt them physically, but emotionally I could have broken my brother and the survivors even more. Especially Otaka, to see your loved one or even close friend so upset and broken....pushed to the state of destruction and being completely helpless. Who knows what the tribe would have done if Otaka was gone...I honestly think I would have submerged that place."

Trying to change the subject Kiara grinned, "I need you to promise me, if we ever get separated and you end up with Coto you look our for him...he doesn't like being alone despite his large size."
Kiara
Kiara
White Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Naraca Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:39 pm

Family...The word itself was a luxery to be able to give yourself. Naraca wished he could grant himself such a title of being able to say he had one. How many people, both children and adults were out there now holding there children or hugging there grown up sons or daughters. How many of them were able to tell there parents about getting there first job, or that they met there first love. How many were being lectured for bad behavior, how many were being complimented by there parents...How many people were there that had parents that could tell them that they loved them, or they were proud of them. How many of them were there?

Naraca was able to recall those times. Even if he was just a boy sleeping against a rock, he knew he had parents he could depend on. There loss however could never be replaced. Kiara had just recently lost her parents, so while her advice was good. There was a lot more to what it meant, and how it felt to lose the only people you can truly say you've known for your whole life.

He stayed quiet and simply nodded his head to her advice, he listened to her but kept his eye's mostly on the scenery that graced them with it's presence.
When she asked him to watch over Coto in case they got separated he turned around and glanced at Coto who was still resting by the door way. She wanted Naraca to watch over him? The fresh memory of being given the responsibility of watching over Kiara, Otaka and the Southern Water Tribe. This was in addition to his task of watching over The Earth Nation. So much he was being given, so many that went to him for when things got rough. Naraca never saw himself as a role model, still to this day he found it hard to believe he was The Earth King, now he was a Guardian of Kiara and Otak and a watchful protector of The Southern Water Tribe.
He was honored by it all, always was. Just find funny almost, that when times got tough they turned to the caged animal. Adviser Roth might be more suited for things like this, the man was much smarter and more calculating and strategic. Yet they turned to Naraca instead? He always had always wondered if people were making the worst decision ever, or the best.

Looking back outside he nodded his head to Kiara.
"Yeah I'll keep an eye on him, I'm good with animals" He told her before peering over his shoulder again to look back at Coto.
He turned his head back and took his hands off the railings and placed his forearms on them instead with his hands folded together.
"I have grieved" He suddenly told Kiara, breaking away from the current subject.
"Greiving just takes the pain away though, helps you accept what happened." He said before pausing for a second.
"When you lose your parents though it changes you, it always does. For better or for worse...Either way you become different, especially at your age. You can read people and that's good...But what you saw was just me remembering, and with remembering something like the death of your parents its...It's something that will always be bitter. Grieve or not, you can't ever look at that memory with a smile" He explained to her. She was mature for her age, very mature, but she was still young. Having just lost her parents her heart was still trying to find a way to cope, to heal it's fresh wound. At her age something like this could really change her for the worst if she let it. She was the one that needed the support right now, Naraca wound on the death of own parents was a wound that had scarred over but was still a little sore when prodded. Her wound however was still open and bleeding.

"Remember them, how they lived, don't worry about how they died, like they said they died happy. So all you gotta do is remember your life with them. What they taught you, showed you, gave you, honor it so that there deaths weren't in vain" He told while giving as much empathy as he could. What she was going through was exactly what he had gone through.
"It's advice we both gotta follow" He said with a smile.
Naraca
Naraca
Earth King

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiara Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:52 pm

"I promise, I will take that into a huge consideration." Kiara smiled up at him before patting his back in a daughterly way. Now this was all she had now to protect her and vise versa. With a heavy sigh Kiara closed her eyes just enjoying the fresh air that was being inhaled and exhaled in and out of her lungs.

"How long will it be until we actually get there? I can't sleep at all. I am very very anxious and nervous at the same time."

Kiara twirled a finger in her hair showing how nervous she seemed to be at the thought of finally being in the position of doing Avatar duties.

"I am so young, I don't even know all the elements. They'll take me as a joke, then I'll get upset to the point things might get ugly.."

Sighing again she rested her cheeks against her fists as her elbows used the railing as a balance beam. This sadly seemed to be the truth, the Fire Lord was no where near her age and he most likely believed he could push her around.
Kiara
Kiara
White Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Naraca Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:43 am

Naraca smiled at her comments and question all mixed together in an awkward fashion. She definately had a lot to say, and had a lot of concerns. Despite that though, he felt a little off being...Touched as much as he was by her. He was so used to the hard touch that came with a battle or survival. Or the formal, lifeless touch that came with a handshake. Naraca simply had no one who knew him as a person, yet here was Kiara who didn't see him as the Earth King. He couldn't tell how she saw him, but it wasn't as a King, but just a man.
Seeing her nervous about going to see the fire lord was understandable.
"Don't worry, they won't see you as a joke, the Avatar will always be respected. So long as you got that Avatar State of yours they know not to push too hard" He said trying to reassure her.

Hearing about bending though he had realized that apart of her journey was all about learning the 4 elements. Earth Bending would be one of them.
For a moment his eye's payed attention to her stance, and her body type. She was small, her stance was the same as what she bended, very loose and willing to change to any form based on circumstance. Her body was light and agile. Yet The Avatar was to be able to learn all the elements, so certainly she would be able to learn Earth bending despite her body not being accustomed to it.

"I don't it'd take you too long to learn the elements either. Here...
" He commented before taking his arms of the railing and turning his body to face her. He lifted his arms up so his palms were face her and they were a little lower then his chest level so they would be in front of her.
"Place your hands against mine and interlock your fingers with mine. Then I want you to push as hard as you can" He instructed her as he waited. He would do a small test to see if she would be able to learn Earth bending, the Avatar was be about equal to that of a prodigy in bending when it came to learning. So naturally this test should be something she'd get on the second try, the first try would be a surprise for him. It wasn't anything complicated, he just wanted to see how strong she was and how she would use it.
Naraca
Naraca
Earth King

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiara Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:55 am

Kiara looked at his stance, then his hands...was this man serious? Her eyes looked over at Coto who seemed to look at her, shrug, and then lay his head back down as if this was normal. How the hell was she suppose to push this big man? He towered above her!! Kiara though smiled to herself as her confidence began to restore.

"Alright, it shouldn't be too hard."

Getting ready for the task at hand Kiara stretched before doing what she was told and without giving a signal she pushed as hard as she could. But his arms weren't even moving...

"Damnit...alright, let's try again."

This time around the girl had made her footing firm, this time her feet weren't going to slide along the smooth metal surface below them. Then with a heavy and strong push she gave it her all focusing all her strength into the push. A part of her knew she would never be able to knock down this man, but the other part still wanted to attempt.
Kiara
Kiara
White Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Naraca Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:14 pm

To say Naraca was struggling right now would be most hilarious joke anyone could ever say in there entire life. Struggling not to laugh was more like it, it was rather cute watching her try to push him over. Her tiny hands against his gripped his palms as she pushed. Naraca's upper body muscles barely even flexed. They didn't flex anymore then they would from pushing nothing but air. This didn't come as a surprise at all, this wasn't about seeing if she was stronger, but just seeing how she would react when her body was forced to become a solid object.
His eye's moved towards her footing, her stance was wider, but her feet shifted too often. She pushed more with her arms then she did her body. However, her base was low and she didn't strain herself, although using all her might she didn't over do it, she knew what she had and was able to use her strength properly.
There was potential in this, she had a couple things right, however he had to strengthen her stance.

"The key to Earth bending is stance..." He told her with no strain in his voice or signs of struggle whatsoever.
After saying this, he took a step forward and began to push her back, forcing her to have to try and walk backwards while pushing. His arms extended out which her force her arms to be closer to her body. His grips on her hands tightened just a little, not enough to cause pain but more so that she wouldn't fall or trip as he would force her back.
"You must be like a rock. Solid, durable, unwaivering, persistent and enduring" He told her as he continued to push her forward.
"If your stance is not solid..." He said with a pause at the end to suddenly pull her right arm in towards him, which would force her body to extend forward and lose her balance by stumbling to his right side. He would help her back up quickly.
"You will fall" He remarked as he would get her back on her feet before pushing her forward again and forcing her to walk backwards while continuing to push.
"The Earth will not do as you command unless you prove that you are like the Earth itself. Rock's are stubborn and they won't move for anyone that isn't first willing to act like them" He told her as he would continue to push her forward before pulling one of her arms back towards him in an attempt to throw her off balance like before. If she fell he would pull her back up to her feet and his grip would constantly be tight on her hands.
He would do this a few more times, the process of pushing her body backwards before throwing her off balance by pulling or pushing of her arms in one direction or the other.

"Once you get your stance right, the Earth will be willing to listen"
Naraca
Naraca
Earth King

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiara Thu Jan 17, 2013 6:26 pm

Kiara let go of his hands before laughing a little, her body was exhausted from today's events. How would he expect her to actually hold a lesson on earthbending in the middle of the night? It confused her a bit but also made her happy. Here he was being mindful about her having to learn earthbending along with other things. In reality she honestly didn't even consider him as a teacher of earthbending...hell she just realized he could actually earthbend!

"I can't focus tonight, you make me feel like a ragdoll. Plus I am exhausted."

She yawned a bit before Coto seemed to get the signal. He got up walking towards Kiara who leaned on him a little burying her face in his plush, soft, and smooth fur.

"I think you should head to bed or so...I have a feeling we will need all out rest and patience for tomorrow."
Kiara
Kiara
White Wolf

Back to top Go down

Post by Naraca Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:34 pm

Everyone goes beddy bye and goes the shleeeeeep. Or at Naraca does at least. Tug the helmsmen continues driving for a wee bit before he puts the ship on standby and has it float safely in the air.
Naraca
Naraca
Earth King

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum